Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hike is attracting attention!

Yesterday, KOAA Channel 5 TV News did a story on the upcoming hike, with some great footage of some of our Earth Studies students. Check it out at
http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/485-mile-fundraising-effort/
Click on PLAY VIDEO underneath the large Mountain Park Environmental Center logo to see the clip.

Meanwhile, I am actively working on getting my gear ready. I've stuck with my desire to do this project with lighter gear, so I recently seam-sealed my Big Agnes Fly Creek 1 tent (it weighs less than 3 pounds), I trail tested my Osprey Exos 58 backpack (2.5 pounds), and I just purchased a GPS SPOT Beacon so I can send "I'm OK" or "I need help" messages, and also so folks can track my progress and whereabouts on the trail. I am still figuring out how this gadget works, so more on that soon.

I hope to be on the trail soon. Happy trails, Ranger Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment