Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Colorado Trail Sections 10, 11 and 12 starting tomorrow!

After nearly 3 weeks since I've been on the trail, I've been itching to get back out there. So, tomorrow afternoon, my good friend, and one of MPEC's founding Board Members, Elaine Lopez Pacheco, has generously offered to drive me to the trailhead west of Leadville. I hope to get a few miles in before the night, then 3 good days of hiking, with the goal of making it a few miles into Section 13 west of Buena Vista (Cottonwood Pass area) by Sunday afternoon. This should put me past the 200 mile mark. I am so pleased to say that we are at nearly $48 per mile in pledges, which is just about halfway to my $100 per mile goal. So, every mile brings that much more support towards getting kids out into Nature. Thank you so much to all who have pledged! I'm rested, I'm ready, here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment