Monday, August 16, 2010

Songs that brought me beyond the 200 mile mark of the CT!

Folks often ask me what I think about while walking so many miles, by myself, in these relatively wild places. I've found that I have mainly been very much in the moment while hiking, thinking about where I am along the trail (frequently checking the map), how much water do I have and where is the next water source, and the trees, flowers, tracks and what else I am seeing. I am pleased to say that I have for the most part not brought work or other issues with me to clutter my mind. I also find myself singing a lot while I walk, both to myself, and often out loud. These are some of the songs that accompanied me along this last stretch, Sections 10, 11 and 12: These Days (Jackson Browne); Kathy's Song (Paul Simon); I Will (Paul
McCartney): Take Me Home Country Roads (John Denver); Homeward Bound (Paul Simon).

No comments:

Post a Comment