Monday, July 5, 2010

Hiking Around the Ski Areas!










The July 4th weekend had me hiking Section 7 of the CT. My wife Helene joined me for the first couple of miles. This was the first section I decided to do as a day hike...the 12.8 miles traversed the Ten Mile Range between Breckenridge and Copper Mountain ski areas. The wildflowers were terrific (the yellow arnica - the happy sunflowers - were a delight) and the surrounding mountains were gorgeous. The hike topped out above 12,400' - the highest point so far. It was a good climb and a good workout - although my overnight gear is not all that heavy, it was nice hauling only day-hike gear. This brings my mileage to 117 miles. The next section takes me into the Leadville area and soon I'll be trekking south along the east side of the Collegiate Peaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment