Sunday, June 19, 2011

The snow is melting, so I'll be hiking!




I've spent the last week casually getting things together for heading back out there on the Colorado Trail, as the info I've found at various websites indicate that the high country snows are melting enough to resume the 485 mile trek. Last year's miles taught me that keeping my pack light is a key to enjoying the experience. So, since I'll be out for six days on this stretch, I am planning my food needs carefully to keep the weight down. Here is my pack, rested and ready as I begin to get my gear loaded up. I'll be driving out of Beulah this Thursday afternoon, the 23rd, for an evening start at Marshall Pass...please follow my progress at the map on this blog. I anticipate getting off the trail later on Wednesday the 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment